Nurse Tami / Sugs’ Shoppe, LLC  Image by  Gratuity Media

Nurse Tami / Sugs’ Shoppe, LLC

Image by Gratuity Media

On the creative side, I am a designer and artist. I mostly work with fabrics, sewing, and dying. I am tie dye obsessed (if you haven't noticed!) Now that I have my feet beneath me and feel more confident in my hospice position, I have started reaching for that sewing machine. So keep your eyes peeled for some fresh pieces in the Shoppe.  

Some Life Updates

Some Life Updates

I've been MIA lately. Blogging went to the way side as some big life changes were taking place in our little world.

Number one, we are growing a tiny human being, that is due early January! This sweet little bean caused me quite some trouble in the first few weeks, causing some severe nausea and vomiting that made me remember so vividly my Hyperemesis Gravidarum, with Graeme. Trying to work midnights escalated the severity causing me to vomit almost hourly. It was awful. I cried to my mom, wondering why I would torture myself with such misery again!? Then, I found some sweet relief. Acupuncture. Also a new medication called Diclegis, that's specific for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy.


I've had two rounds of acupuncture, not the cheapest of options, but I would say the most effective that I have experienced for my nausea and vomiting! The first appointment Kylene say down and sympathized with me over my experiences, my current situation and past history. She came prepared with notes and had read up specifically about my condition and what needle points would help with my current disfunction. I have to say after the first appointment, I felt like garbage (mostly because I had vomited continuously the night before I had seen her, and was massively dehydrated), but the next day, I kept down everything, my food and my drink! No vomiting at all!! I was stunned, since it had been a few weeks since I had kept down a meal. I ended up visiting her for a second visit three days later, and I felt like a changed woman. For one, I had not worked a midnight shift since the Friday before my appointment. Secondly, I had been taking my Diclegis regularly. I had thrown up maybe once in the three days! I had been able to go pee and number 2... Which seems like such a silly thing, but people, I was DRY (it had been awhile for that too...)! Kylene was so excited to see me smiling and energetic! Truly a changed woman! She did a treatment on me and toned it down just a tad since I had been feeling better. My next appointment is in a week. I've felt great! Eating and drinking and bodily functions all intact. Of course I'm still feeling some pregnancy discomforts, but after the misery I experienced with my sweet Graeme, I could celebrate!
I am ten weeks along and showing a little pop of belly. Much faster than I did when I had been pregnant with Graeme. It's interesting to see how much different this pregnancy has been so far, can't wait to see how it continues. Our ultrasound went great, I heard little bean's heart pitter patter and googled over their first picture, oh my heart!
Then to add into the mix, number two: a new job!!!!

Yes, you heard me correct, a new J.O.B. I've been on the hunt for a long time, being that I was so miserable in my previous position, I had applied to many different opportunities, with a few bites here and there, but nothing that really caught my fancy. I was done doing clinical bedside nursing, at least right now in my life- I wanted to step away, far away. One finally mentioned to a friend of mine at a birthday party that I had been looking for a job for a while with no luck, I was getting discouraged. He told me that he would take me resume and pass it onto some of his partners as he works for a recruiting company. I was ecstatic. It felt like a bite!
I got a call the next day! My recruiter was amazing. They helped me change up my resume, I did a preliminary interview, then the next week had not one, but two interviews lined up! Both non-clinical positions! Double bonus! I interviewed Tuesday and Wednesday, Wednesday night I had an offer to accept a position that started immediately on the next Monday. My eyes popped out of my head. MONDAY?? I had never walked away from a position without giving a notice, especially a place like the hospital I worked at for a previous ten years. I grew up there, literally. I cried and shook and anxiously called my husband, my mom and great friend to ask their opinions. I needed an answer ASAP. Like ten minutes ASAP. It was either start a new job on Monday, or miss out on the opportunity and continue to work midnights in a position I loathed. I took the leap. I said yes to the position!

Today marks my first week of being a Nurse Analyst Consultant. I will eventually be traveling to different physician offices and reviewing charts, helping to close gaps in care! This week has consisted of a lot of paperwork and studying, oh and throw in some technical difficulties and lots of calls to IT. I've met some great people and am excited for my new opportunity.
I'm confident that it will be better for my life situation and my health, especially right now being pregnant. I spoke with my coworkers apologizing for leaving them so quickly, that I enjoyed working with them and will miss them all. They really were the only reason I didn't go postal some nights.
Our newest obstacle is figuring out our best option for Graeme during the week as my job is Monday through Friday. We've had some awesome people offering to help, and found a few places to contact regarding in home daycare. All in all, this change has caused some stress and difficult decisions, but I believe they are all for the common good, including my health and sanity!

Peace, Love & Tie Dye, Mama Sugs

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks

Bring Me Back To Light

Bring Me Back To Light